Saturday, February 14, 2009

Big Time Slacker

Yes that’s me Big Time Slacker. Don’t really have any excuse just didn’t fit it into my not so busy schedule. 

To bring you up to date on my not so busy life:  The job front is still looking bleak. We still don’t have a floor planner for our campers.  I go in once a week to open the mail, pay some bills and clean up after my boys.  We’ve applied to several banks still not luck on a bank taking our company on!  As I told most of you I want to retire next year, but if it keeps going the way it is I may retire this year only without social security.  I have a 401K but don’t want to dip into it as the stock market already has!!Hopefully I can draw low earnings or unemployment for a year??? Boy that’s wishing huh?

I’ve just about got all my spring cleaning done, I know its only February, but when spring comes I will be outside working on my flower beds and yard.  The weather has been hard on the landscape this winter, but I love the challenge of putting it back into shape. This is a picture of our last snow fall.DSCN2228 When we got this snow our neighbors Kentucky got ice and so many homes were with out power for several weeks and then last week we had this bad wind storm and again all of us were without power for a while. We were lucky we didn’t loose power.  However I did loose the tire covers on my camper still can’t find them!  LOL

My riding mower this past summer was using oil, not leaking but seems like I had to add oil every week.  So hubby and I loaded it up and took it to the dealer we purchased it from.  I thought I had owned it for about 5 or 6 years and the dealer pulled my card and I purchased it in 1998!!! Wow I could not believe that I’ve had that mower for 11 years!  Not bad then since this is the first time I’ve had it in the shop.  So I told the repairman to check everything out to just make sure I would be ready for the first grass cutting.  Yes I get excited cutting grass, in addition to the work of it, I love to sit on my porch and look at the results when I’m done.

Yes I am soooooooooo ready for spring and summer.  This has been a long winter and so cold.  I have a new humming bird feeder I got for my birthday and I can’t wait to put it up and watch those little guys feed from it.  I also feed the other birds all year long.  Hayden enjoys seeing the birds feed so needless to say they are eating good this winter.

Yesterday hubby, youngest daughter and I went shopping.  We all had a great time. She helped me pick out new linens for my bed and it was so much fun seeing her finding everything I need to put it all together.  This morning I actually put it all together and it turned out great or so I think. What do you think?  As you can see blues and yellows are my favorite colors.DSCN2232 I know it looks old fashion but I just like the simple looking things.  My bedroom suite is from the early 50’s, a inheritance from one of our Aunt and Uncle who we took care of until they passed away several years ago.  One day I will write about that experience.

Ok, I will not bore you any longer and I want to wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day and hope you all had a great one.

One more thing I wrote this blog on windows live writer and if I get it over to my other site I will be so happy and Jane will be proud of me. LOL

Until Later,

12 comments:

Auntie Jane said...

Hey... Well done. You are getting the hang of things now.

It must be such a worry with your job situation. Like you, I am very concerned about some money I have invested. The interest isn't what it should be. It's supposed to be safe... But sometimes I wonder if it would be safer under my bed!

Your garden lookes so beautiful with the snow over it.

I love the way you have your bedroom. I have a similar pine bed to yours. I just love my bed! I wouldn't take a photo of my room as it's so untidy!!! LOL

We haven't had much snow... just a little in two seperate lots. All gone now in my area. But it's still cold. I hate the cold... LOL

Anonymous said...

Sheesh!! You've been busy for not "working"! Two afghans in two weeks?? And all that other work too? Tearing down paper, painting, repapering. Just makes me tired thinking about it.

So glad you got us caught up. I hope things get busy at your camper place. Maybe when warmer weather hits people will get the bug again to buy.

Hugs to you dear friend!

Bev

Jane! said...

Totally Proud!!
Sorry I wasn't here sooner but I've been slacking, too.
I love the new linens - and the colors.
I sure hope the RV biz gets rolling for you soon. If not, I know where there's more spring cleaning to be done!

Kat said...

LOVE the new bed stuff - just need a few more throw pillows on there :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that business picks up SOON!

Anonymous said...

Pat, my daughter, son in law and grandkids live in Kentucky and spent a couple of weeks living with the local volunteer fire department captain who has a generator and a 3 car garage attached to his home. He got a load of cots from the National Guard armory, turned his garage into a shelter and took in several families.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Pat. The BOSS is doing fine after the medication was straightened out. She says to send her best.
Time sure does fly. Laura is a rising senior and it was just last week she was standing in my lap ain the parking lot,"driving" the car while her mama was shopping!
We're just getting used to her driving and working and she'll be headed to college next fall. Take care and drop by my new space on the other side if you get the chance. I think I sent you an invite but if you have any trouble just holler. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=ethersoft easy cd dvd copy 1.2.4 ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you functioning the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I have a week and do necheg

JennyD said...

Hey, You! It's June 20th already and I just found my notes for where you are on blogspot. Man, I went to Spaces today and almost fainted. A gazillion spam mails all about "undies", etc, and because msn decided to make awful changes again. Then I saw the icing on the cake: Toodie left but she started a blogspot, too, tg. After that, I talked to Curtis and he's about as fed up as the rest of us. I'm going to close out Spaces in the next week or so (haven't blogged anyway) and note my NEW addy on blogspot, lol. Yep, I started one! Hope you see this, Patsy. Well, you will eventually :D
Cya soon, gal. Luv ya much.

JennyD said...

Oh, and p.s.> I LOVE the blue and yellow!

JennyD said...

Well, Pat... here we are a year and half later from your last post -- WHERE ARE YOU?

JennyD said...

Well, lord almighty, Pat, I'm here and you still aren't. Shoot, you won't even see this and I don't do Facebook, lol.
Suffice it to say that I am thinking of you and hoping all is well in your corner. xoxoxo

JennyD said...

Ok, Pat, if you hold back and wait just TWO AND A HALF MORE MONTHS, it will be 2 yrs since you've posted on blogger -- and I'm not even guessin' on WLS. Boy, are you in for a surprise over there, lol.
Seriously, Pat, get yourself back over here and off of Face Book. You are missed! xoxoxo